Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 5: Thoughts

I started writing a blog about how martial arts weapon training has been lost on modern day people, but I decided not to publish it yet as I didn't have all the facts.  Rather than making assumptions, I began studying physics and that's what I have been doing for the past few days.  I've been thinking about the physics that goes into the human body as well as into the weapons that I have been training with.  Although I have a better understanding about the concepts I began describing in my unpublished post, I still don't feel like I have enough information to post my findings.  Therefore I decided to begin experimenting in my backyard so I can prove the most efficient and powerful ways to use my weapons.  From everything I read and see online about different weapons, it's like somehow this basic understanding of how different weapon types work was somehow lost or misinterpreted.  Essentially my goal is to figure out the best way to wield each weapon using the scientific method and prove exactly how powerful certain weapons can be and how many of the traditional training routines can be misleading to a martial artist.

 Moving on from that topic, I've still been working on my handwriting.  It is starting to come along quite well actually.  To be honest, I am surprised how easy it has been to change the way I have been writing since I first learned cursive in 3rd grade.  Just spending 15-30mins a day working on some simple drills has had some dramatic improvements.  I'm starting to feel more of a flow as I write and my hands get less tiresome.

I've been thinking a lot about my training and how I want to approach the mental aspect of it.  Although I intended on making a main section of this blog to be about qi gong training, because I have been oversleeping it has been an issue for me to begin the training.  My first session and experience with it was quite awe inspiring, but since then I have been struggling to accomplish this task in the morning.  Even though I have this mentality where I want to make myself the strongest person  I can, I still lack that early morning motivation.  I feel getting a good morning routine in will really help make a big difference.  The issue is following that routine.  Getting to sleep at the same time should hopefully help make a difference!

That is my objective for today.  Begin planning out my days more efficiently and effectively.  I believe that is the only way I will be able to accomplish all that I have going on in my mind.    

No comments:

Post a Comment